Introduction to C++
C++ is an object oriented programming language.
What is a programming language?
Programming language is the way to instruct the computer to perform some particular operation. Programming languages are used to develop softwares.
Types of programming language?
Programming languages are basically categorized into two types: –
- Procedural Programming Language
- Object Oriented Programming Language
Procedural Programming Language
Instructions are written in sequence one after another and they get executed in top down manner in the same sequence in which they are written. The focus is always on doing work.
Object Oriented Programming Language
In object oriented programming language, the more focus is given to the data. Data and functions are combined into a single unit known as an object.
Features of Object Oriented Programming Language:-
- Focus is given more on data rather than doing work.
- Data security
- Easy to represent real life problems.
- It s easy to use.
- Complex data types can be created.
- Easy to modify the program.
- Easy to locate and correct errors in the program based on object oriented programming.
- Easy to understand the program.