9 tips to speak fluent English
Do you speak fluent English ?
If your answer is No. This article will surely help you to become confident to speak fluent English.
English is the universal language. It is used and spoken in almost every corner of this world. A person with good spoken English skills can easily get a job and impress others. There are few practical tips which once implemented can definitely improve your English and you can speak fluent English.
1. Try to speak
The only mantra to speak fluent English is to SPEAK.
There is no use of reading and learning English from books if you don’t implement them in speaking.
You can create a circle of friends who are willing to speak English with you and you can practice with them.
You can also practice speaking English before mirror. It definitely helps to boost confidence and speak fluent English.
2. Improve your vocabulary
Most of us are able to understand English but we get struck while speaking because we don’t find proper words.
We should increase English words in our vocabulary on daily basis. We can find new and usable words from news papers, books or magazines. We can also ask from teachers, elders or English language experts.
You can also take help of English dictionary to find words for corresponding mother tongue words. These days dictionaries are also available on line. You can also download and install free dictionary apps on your smart phone from play store.
There is a popular website named www.duolingo.com to learn English. You can also download their free App from google Play store named Duo Lingo which can be installed on your smart phone to learn English and improve vocabulary. This website and app have a series of lessons that you have to follow on daily basis.
3. Thought process
Most of us think in mother language. We generally translate mother language sentences into English while speaking which is time consuming process. We just need to change our thought process so that we can think in English. Thinking in English helps in speaking fluent English.
4. Real life Situations
We need to speak English in real life so you should create sentences in your mind for real life situations. Following examples demonstrate how to think and speak English in real life situations:
- You are studying : You can make sentences as “I am studying” , “I am learning now”, “I am learning chapter 1 or English”, ” I am learning topic named Energy”, “I am learning answers”.
- You are in playground: You can make sentences as “I am playing now” , “I am playing cricket”, “I love to play cricket”, “My school friends are playing with me”, “This is the third over”.
- You are in a party: You can make sentences as “I am eating pizza” , “I like to party with my friends”, “I am in birthday party of my friend”, “I love to dance” , “I love party”, “I will congratulate my friend”.
- You are in kitchen: You can make sentences as “I am cooking” , “My mother is cooking food”, “I know how to prepare a cup of tea”, “I love to eat pulao” , “I like Rajma Chawal”, “I am helping my mother in kitchen”.
- You are going to sleep: You can make sentences as “I want to sleep now” , “I will take pillow below my head”, “I will switch on air cooler”, “I will sleep by 10 o’ clock”.
- You want to help others: You can make sentences as “May i help you” , “Do you need my help”, “Do you want some money”, “Do you want pencil or pen”.
- You want help : You can make sentences as “Can you help me” , “Can you borrow me some money”, “May i use your pen”, “Can you give me your notebook please”.
In this way you can create sentences for each situation. These sentences will get saved into your memory and help you while speaking.
Listening is the best way to learn and speak English fluently. Listening should be from a good source. The best source is English news is English news channel. You can also watch English movies and dramas to improve your English. Which further helps in speaking fluent English.
6. Keep your fear away
We are generally afraid of speaking wrong English. It is generally seen that we even don’t speak pure mother language. For example we Indians have Hindi as mother language but we don’t even speak pure Hindi. So we should not be afraid of speaking wrong English. Once we start speaking, it will gradually improve.
7. Neutral Accent
Neutral accent is the best form of English that we can speak. English spoken by actors in Hollywood movies suffers from their mother tongue influence. It is also called slang. We sometimes find ourselves unable to understand many words of slang. We don’t need to speak slang. We can speak normal English so that we are able to communicate our message to others.
8. Find answer in Question
Try to listen questions of others very sincerely. Most of the questions have their answers in them. Following examples demonstrate them:
- Question :How can he ……………? Answer: He can……………..
- Question :Why have they …………..? Answer: They have ……………..
- Question :Where is he ……………? Answer: He is ……………..
- Question :When was she ……………? Answer: She was ……………..
- Question :What had they ……………? Answer: They had ……………..
- Question :Where will you ……………? Answer: I will …………….
in this way we can reply to each and every question after properly listing the questions of others.
9. Stop bothering about others
Some of your classmates or friends may make fun of you or criticize you if you try to speak English. Don’t bother about them much. Ultimately it is you who will be benefited.
In this article, tips have been suggested to speak fluent English. These tips include trying to speak, increasing vocabulary, thought process, making sentences in real life situations. listen English news, keep your fear away, find answer in question, neutral accent and stop bothering about others.