Command Line Arguments in C
It is possible to values at command prompt using command line arguments in C. We need to specify the name of program followed by values we want to pass as arguments .
To implement command line arguments main() must have two parameters as: main ( int argc, char *argv )
- argc specifies the number of arguments passed at command line.
- *argv specifies the values passed as arguments at command line.
|Program for command line arguments.|
int main ( int argc, char *argv )
printf(“Command line arguments”);
How to run:
- Name of program is supposed to be file.C
- Make its executable by compiling it.
- Go to Dos Shell from file menu.
- You need to type :file this is command line
The output of the program would be :
Command line arguments