Command Line Arguments in C
We can provide values at command prompt using command line arguments. We have to specify the program name followed by values to be sent as arguments .
Command line arguments to main() have two parameters passed as main ( int argc, char *argv )
- argc specifies the number of arguments
- *argv specifies the values passed at command line as arguments .
|Program for command line arguments.|
int main ( int argc, char *argv )
printf(“Command line arguments”);
How to run:
- Name of program is supposed to be file.C
- Make its executable by compiling it.
- Go to Dos Shell from file menu.
- You need to type :file this is command line
The output of the program would be :
Command line arguments